Duck Donuts, located in Woodbury Village, was one of the first businesses in the country to receive the award.
"I was excited to see a Woodbury business selected for the Comcast Twin Cities RISE grant," said Mayor Anne Burt. "Our businesses are facing unique challenges and I am pleased to see Comcast providing resources to help our businesses."
Another round of Comcast RISE grants are expected to be awarded in the near future. Interested businesses should apply at comcastrise.com/apply by Feb. 7. Eligible businesses must be:
- At least 51 percent Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)-owned and operated;
- Independently owned and operated;
- Registered to conduct business in the U.S.;
- Operating for one or more years; and
- Located within the Comcast Business or Effectv service area footprint.