Water service contractor questions
Questions to ask water service repair contractors
The following is a list of questions that homeowners should ask their contractor before repairs begin:
Are you licensed and insured?
Have you completed curb stop repairs before? How many?
How long will it take you to complete the repair?
Do you plan to obtain a permit and have your work inspected by the plumbing inspector?
- A permit is required in the City of Woodbury.
Will this repair require the water to be shut off to my neighbors? If so, How long?
- The city must to be notified 48 hours prior to water being shut off to neighbors.
- City staff will turn off main line valves if necessary.
- The repair must be coordinated with the city’s Utility Division.
Do you require the employees working on this job to:
- Use proper personal protective equipment?
- Use proper shoring or a trench box?
- Use proper traffic control?
How much will the repair cost?
Who will do the restoration?
How much will the restoration cost?
- Public Works
- Traffic & Signals
- Storm Water
- Snow Plowing
- Yard & Garden
- Private Utilities
- Drinking Water Report