11664 Dale Road
The dog park is approximately 70 acres. Although not completely fenced, the park includes mowed walking trails with benches, shelter area with picnic tables, pet watering station, pet waste disposal stations with bags, portable restroom (year-round), trash containers and kiosk.
Directions:From City Hall take Valley Creek Road east to Woodbury Drive (County Road 19). South on Woodbury Drive to Dale Road. East on Dale Road approximately 1-3/4 miles, park entrance is on the north side (left) of Dale Road.
Dog Park Rules:
- Owners are liable for damage and/or injury inflicted by their dog.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the off-leash area.
- Dogs must have a current City of Woodbury dog license to use the park.
- Owners must pick up and dispose of dog feces in on-site trash cans.
- Owners must maintain verbal control of their dog at all times.
- Owners must prevent aggressive behavior including biting, fighting and excessive barking.
- Do not allow children to approach or pet dogs without permission from the owner.
- Hunting, discharging of firearms and dog training devices are prohibited.
- Park is open from dawn to dusk.
- In the event of an emergency, dial 911.
2014 Construction Summary
The master plan for this project was completed in late 2010 and approved by the Park and Recreation Commission in early 2011. Work has begun on additional improvements which will enhance the user's experience. The following are the key priorities of the concept plan.
- Pave parking area and main trail entrance to the park.
- Add crushed rock to an existing trail loop approximately one mile long.
- Provide better separation of uses including K-9 training area, small dog fenced in area and open dog turf area, to reduce user conflicts.
- Improve signage.
- Add shade opportunities using existing tree canopy to provide relief from the sun.
- Redesign entrance layout to correct grade issues.
- Add perimeter and general fencing to better define the area.
- Utilize current pole barn for providing shelter and continue use of pole barn for storage and water.
Ordinance requires that a dog license must be purchased for each dog over the age of 6 months residing in the City of Woodbury and for non-residents using the City of Woodbury's dog park. Dog licenses must be renewed every two years. Licenses can be purchased at City Hall, 8301 Valley Creek Road, during regular business hours. There is a charge of $10 for neutered or spayed dogs; there is an $18 charge for non-neutered or non-spayed dogs. Proof of rabies vaccination must be provided when purchasing the license.
The City of Woodbury is not responsible for any injuries/damages to dogs or owners while using the off-leash dog park.
Urban coyotes have been spotted at the Dale Road Off-leash Dog Park. Coyotes are adapted to living in cities, suburbs and agricultural areas and when developments are built in and near their habitat, coyotes are not permanently displaced. For more information about the urban coyote, and what to do should you encounter coyotes when using the park, please visit the Minnesota Department of Natural Resource's website: Urban Coyotes.