For years, Woodbury has been recognized as a great place to live and raise a family. A few of the designations are outlined below:
- Family Circle recognized Woodbury as one of its "10 best towns for families" in July 2014.
- Money Magazine rated Woodbury among the "best places to live" in September 2014. Woodbury ranked 12th on the list of top 100 U.S. cities with populations between 50,000 and 300,000. The city was one of three Minnesota cities in the top 20.
- As part of its "10 best places to buy a home in 2011" series, Walletpop.com ranked Woodbury as the "best place to raise kids" in December 2010.
- Business Week named Woodbury "the best place to raise your kids" in November 2009. Woodbury ranked No. 1 among Minnesota cities.
- Forbes.com acknowledged Woodbury as one of America's 25 "best places to move" in July 2009. Woodbury ranked No. 21 in nation among cities with a population of 25,000 or more.
- Money Magazine recognized Woodbury as the "hottest place to live in the Central U.S." in January 2004 (among cities with a population under 100,000).