Applying for Advisory Commissions
There are 12 openings on the city's advisory boards for 2013. Applications for these Advisory Commissions openings will be accepted through Oct. 25.
Citizens are appointed to Advisory Commissions and serve on a volunteer basis. The term is for three years, in most instances. This year, there are up to two openings on the Parks and Recreation Commission for 11th- and 12-grade high school students who are Woodbury residents. The term length for students is one year.
The following Advisory Commissions have openings for 2013:
- Audit and Investment Commission (AIC)
- Economic Development Commission
- Environmental Advisory Commission
- Parks and Recreation Commission
- Planning Commission
- Watershed District
How to Apply for Advisory Commissions
- All applicants must submit their applications by Friday, Oct. 25. The applications can be filled out on a computer, but please note that all applications must be handed in with an original signature.
- All applicants will be interviewed by the City Council on Saturday, Nov. 16. Criteria used by the City Council to evaluate candidates include: personal and professional experience which may relate to the subject areas of the board or commission; knowledge of the community; knowledge of city government process; contribution to creating or maintaining a diversity of membership with respect to geographic location, gender or race; experience from similar appointments.
- New appointees will begin their terms in January 2014.
- Mayor & City Council
- Agenda & Minutes
- Advisory Commissions
- Elected Officials
- Community Surveys
- ADA Statement